WordPress, Shopify, Full Stack LAMP
Full Time – Remote
Firelight Creative Development is now hiring a full time remote web developer with strong experience with WordPress custom theme development, Shopify, and general full stack LAMP projects. We are looking for an organized individual that excels with planning and critical thinking, being able to solve problems quickly and strategize cost-effective and timely solutions. One area that will set a candidate apart is a high attention to detail with CSS and the ability to adapt designs to responsive CSS with minimal oversight.
Firelight was founded in 2013. We are a technical company that serves the marketing industry, primarily through building marketing and ecommerce websites. Our projects are very visual and creative and we are the team that facilitates the work needed to implement the customer’s vision. We have a close relationship with all of our clients, so a positive, helpful attitude is very important to our team. We love old-fashioned customer service and hard work, but we also know when to stop working. Nights and weekends are for rest!
We love the benefits of being a fully remote small business but we are also aware of the challenges. We’re growing organically and steadily and we’d love to add a key individual to our team to help us continue this growth and take us even further.
Below is a list of the types of tasks you would be expected to perform.
- Custom WordPress theme development from supplied design files (PSD and XD are most common)
- Shopify custom theme development or third-party theme selection and modification
- Work collaboratively with clients and designers, coaching toward best technical solutions and advising on how their designs and ideas will or won’t work and the effort required
- Website updates and support requests, being first line of contact for some clients
- Add new landing pages to existing sites
- Project effort and timeline estimates
- HTML email development with appropriate testing in a variety of email apps
- Technical maintenance and troubleshooting
- Hosting setup and DNS record management
Minimum 2 years professional experience with the following:
- HTML including HTML5 semantic tags
- Fully responsive CSS including flexbox and CSS animations and CSS preprocessors
- Pixel-perfect design implementation (well, REALLY close at least!)
- Page speed optimization
- Linux webserver setup and administration
- MySQL databases
- WordPress custom theme development (from scratch) & WooCommerce customization
- Shopify theme setup and modification
- Hosting setup and DNS record management
- Code repository/version control
- HTML emails
- Proficiency with Mac OSX
- Solid experience working with Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, and/or Sketch
- WordPress coding standards
- Advanced Custom Fields WordPress plugin
- Gravity Forms WordPress plugin
- WordPress custom plugin development
- Shopify custom theme development
- Custom AJAX implementations
- SEO best-practices
- Custom API integrations
- Fixing site hacks
- Google Analytics and custom events
Skills / Personal Traits:
- Ability to organize tasks
- Work on multiple tasks in one day and still be productive
- Work quickly and efficiently, finding new ways to increase productivity
- Comfortable and able to estimate tasks and projects
- Ability to work at a computer 8 hours a day
- Good communication skills: written, verbal (phone/video)
- Comfortable working directly with clients
- Willing and able to self-teach new skills if needed
- Likes to help out and share experiences with the team
High school or equivalent required. College degree and formal training in computer science is a plus.
Owner is located in Keller, TX. Position will be remote. Depending on candidate’s location, travel to client meetings may be required.
Company hours are 8am and 5pm, M-F, Central Time. The schedule for this position will mostly follow these hours but alternate hours may be acceptable.
Some same-day travel could be required. Extended travel is a possibility though there is currently no precedent for it.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must consent to full background check and drug screening*
*We do not test for the presence of marijuana but we do expect our employees to comply with all applicable local laws regarding the possession and use of marijuana
Starting salary $45,000 – $55,000 depending on experience and qualifications.
Benefits Available to Full Time Employees:
- 8 Paid Holidays plus Cultural Holiday (floating)
- 2 weeks PTO annually to start
- Paid Parental Leave policy for new births or infant adoptions
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Health insurance reimbursement for qualified plans (up to $300 / month)
We have an 8-step application process. After each step you will be informed of your status. We will communicate quickly with you as soon as any determination is made.
- Review application and resume
- Written correspondence
- Phone screen
- HTML/CSS assessment
- Informal team interview
- Full interview with owner
- Paid trial project
- Followup review of project
Apply on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1913684559/.